BMQ!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Last night, thanks to Greater Houston Interfaith Ministries, $15 got myself a ticket to see The Branford Marsalis Quintet. Or:
  • Branford Marsalis (saxes)
  • Joey Calderazzo (piano)
  • Eric Revis (bass)
  • Jeff "Tain" Watts (drums)
The event was Interfaiths annual fundraising gala. The BMQ only played one set, so I would say that $15 was "just OK" price. The set list as I remember was as follows:
  • Citizen Tain
  • The Ruby and The Pearl
  • It Don't Mean A Thing
  • Bullworth
  • Do You Know What it Means to Miss New Orleans?
  • Blue Tain
  • When the Saints...
(It's weird that I remember that off the top of my head.) All in all, not a bad week for music listening. Brice Winston last weekend and Bran last night. I think I like Brices playing a little better than Brans as far as creativity goes. Bran is still one of the most stylistically diverse musicians on the planet.


As far as the BMQ performance goes, it was pretty much what you expect with Jeff "Tain" Watts playing drums. It was the Jeff "Tain" Watts quintet. And the funny thing is, it doesn't seem to bother Bran at all.

Labels:


5 Responses to “BMQ!”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i'm jealous - sounds like a great (though brief) show! K & I listened to BMQ "Love Supreme" last weekend and it still sounds so amazing...

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    The concert I went to last night was even better! ...and it was only $10.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    $15??? We paid about $45 each to see Branford Marsalis w/ the Lincoln Center Orchestra at the Stephens Center last year.It was AWESOME, but that's expensive. I would have paid $25 for one set!

    Su

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Su... I think that was Wynton. Bran doesn't play with the LCJO.

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    It wasn't Wynton. Maybe I'm wrong about the LCJO part...or maybe there were just members of the LCJO in Branford's band?

    Su

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives


Churches


Random Links

Unfamous Musicians That I Know


Demifamous Musicians that I Know


ATOM 0.3