The Single Greatest Vocal Track Ever?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Without Your Love by Billie Holiday and Lester Young. This is from the A Fine Romance set that was recorded back when she was in her prime. Unfortunately, the best quality recordings of Billie were after she began to lose her voice. This has led to the misconception that Billie didn't have a great voice. This recording disproves that conception. I get this track stuck in my head from time to time and it is truely a wonderful experience. Billie is a storytelling genius. Listen for Lester's playing behind Billie at the end of the track.

Labels:


0 Responses to “The Single Greatest Vocal Track Ever?”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives


Churches


Random Links

Unfamous Musicians That I Know


Demifamous Musicians that I Know


ATOM 0.3